On Friday, July 14, I’ll host another webinar to help those of you who struggling in your current relationship but unsure if you’re ready to actually talk to a divorce lawyer or what your options are.
When: Friday, July 14, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Pacific time.
In July 14th’s webinar, you’ll hear the story of Carrie and Nate who live in Burbank, California. She was once a set designer and he’s an editor. Married eight years with two children (a four year or girl and a two year old boy), she gave up her career to take care of the children. Meanwhile, his career is starting to take off, but the pressure of work and success, along with the difference in their career has taken a toll.
We’ll talk through their case from Carrie’s point of view. We’ll explore:
- The dynamics of their relationship and some of the emotional and identity issues Carrie’s struggling with as she considers whether to pursue a divorce.
- We’ll explore their financial situation, talk through how the property division might work, spousal support (alimony) and child support, and most importantly, how Carrie is going to make this work if she decides to exit the relationship.
- Explore child custody considerations, how they might construct a parenting plan, and, again, the emotional considerations that they both might have to explore if they begin co-parenting separately.
- Most importantly, we’ll talk about the WAY that Carrie might pursue a divorce given her unique personal values and needs, as well as the needs of her children.
- Leave room for Q&A at near the end to answer any questions that come up for you.
We’ll record the webinar, so don’t worry if you miss it. But you have to register to get a link to the webinar.